Pai Gow Poker at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Fire Mountain
Located in our beautiful Asian Gaming area are the favorites Pai Gow Poker, Pai Gow Tiles, and a relatively new game called Face Up Pai Gow Poker. With our Asian Gaming area, we offer an experience like no other casino in Sacramento. Come in today to join the fun!
Face up Pai Gow
Similar to Pai Gow Poker, Face Up Pai Gow Poker offers one significant twist in its game. In Face Up Pai Gow Poker, the banker will show and set their cards before the player gets theirs. This allows for players to see what they need to beat beforehand, allowing them to make the necessary adjustments needed to beat the banker. Come in and check out this one-of-a-kind card game.
Pai Gow Tiles
Pai Gow Tiles is a century’s old game and easily pre-dates Roulette and Baccarat. Played with 32 tiles, Pai Gow Tiles is a popular table game here at our casino in Sacramento.
How To Play Pai Gow Poker
Pai Gow Poker is played using a standard 52 deck of cards, plus one joker. A maximum of six players sit around the table along with the dealer.
The object of the game is simple, beat the banker.
- Players are to make their bet.
- Each player, including the dealer, is dealt 7 cards to begin with.
- Player must make 2 poker hands with the seven cards that are dealt to them.
- A 2-card low hand
- A 5-card high hand (must beat your 2-card low hand)
- Once each player has set their hands, the banker will then reveal their hands.
- After all hands have been set and are out, there are 3 possible outcomes for the player:
- Player wins both high and low hands. This results in a win for the player and paid out appropriately according to bet made.
- Player wins on 1 hand and the banker wins on the other bet. This results in a tie with no money exchanged between dealer and banker.
- Player loses both high and low hands. This results in the player losing their bet.
- Once payments of bets are completed, the hand is over, and you are ready to play once again!