Blackjack at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Fire Mountain
Commonly referred to as 21, Blackjack is one of the most popular table games you will find on the casino floor and offers a simple concept for gamblers to enjoy. Our casino boasts a variety of tables with new-to-market features, a tempting array of games, and unlimited action for a chance to win big while staying in Sacramento.
With the objective to beat the dealer, this game creates an excitement around the table like no other. With multiple game options, Hard Rock Casino Fire Mountain offers some of the best 3:2 blackjack tables in northern California.
Double Deck & 6-8 Deck Blackjack
Standard casino 21 where the dealer draws from either 2 combined decks in a “pitch” fashion, or from a 6-8 deck “shoe.”
Blackjack switch brings an exciting twist to classic blackjack with the player receiving 2 hands, rather than 1. The player is given the option to switch the 2nd card of each hand. Dealer totaling 22 will push with all players that did not break.
Spanish 21 is a spin-off from the classic game of Blackjack in which the player’s 21 or blackjack always beat the dealer. This exciting game offers multiple bonus and payout options for those looking to increase their payouts.
How to play blackjack
Each card is counted based on their respected number while face cards (Jack, Queen & King) are counted as 10 and Ace is worth 1 or 11.
The rules of the game are simple: Try to get closer to 21 than the dealer does, without going over.
- To begin the game, the player must place a bet. You can bet on the hand, as well as play our side bets Lucky Lucky and Buster.
- The dealer will then deal each player 2 cards face up. The dealer will leave one of their cards face down, revealing just the 1 card to the table.
- On occasion, the dealer will show an Ace card facing up. When this happens, insurance is offered up to the players. Insurance is a side bet that the dealer has blackjack. Making an insurance bet gives you the chance to protect your original bet.
- If it is determined the dealer does not have a blackjack, the player is to begin their turn. Each player is given the following options:
- Hit – dealer gives you another card to add to your card total. The player can continue to hit until they bust or decide to stay.
- Stay – player is done hitting. Would like to stay with the cards they have.
- Double Down – Player can double their original bet and receive just 1 more card.
- Split – When receiving a pair, the player can split their cards to create 2 separate hands. The dealer will then deal each card a second card. Once receiving the second card, the player can decide to hit, stay, double down, or even split again if possible. For each split the player is responsible for placing another bet equal to the first bet wagered.
- After every player has finished their turn, the dealer will then start their turn. The dealer will continue to hit on their hand until they have reached a 17 or higher. Once the dealer has completed their turn, those who have not busted and are closer to 21 than the dealer, win their bet.
Terms you may hear while playing blackjack:
Blackjack – 21 in first 2 cards dealt (Ace and 10/face card)
Push – Tie with the dealer, no money exchanged
Bust – Going over 21
Hit – Taking another card to add to your total
Stay – Staying with the amount you are currently at
Insurance – If the dealer is showing an Ace, you may place an insurance bet that would protect you from losing in the case of a dealer blackjack
Split – If player has a pair, they may split their hand to create 2 separate hands
Double Down – Player doubles original bet, but only receives 1 more card