While high stakes gambling, luxurious resorts, and exciting entertainment are a huge part of how Hard Rock Sacramento serves the community, there are other philanthropic duties that we prioritize, especially in challenging times like today. Take a look below to see how the Hard Rock family is giving back to the community.
Giving Back During COVID-19
While the Hard Rock family has always put an emphasis on philanthropy and giving back to the community, the COVID-19 pandemic has given us a new and urgent purpose to lend a helping hand to those that need it. In such dire times, there are so many ways to give back to the community. Here are some of the donations we have shared to help lessen the impact of this pandemic and show that All Is One during this time.
Personal Protective Equipment & Sanitary Items
Staying healthy has proven to be quite a challenge with personal protective equipment (PPE) constantly running out, so we have contributed to the cause by donating masks and gloves to local hospitals.
Enterprise Rancheria was lucky enough to deliver 91 boxes of Tyvek suits to Adventist Health and Rideout Regional Medical Center, and 90 boxes to Feather River. In total, each health facility received over 2,000 suits.
Besides PPE, Hard Rock is also donating bars of soap from our properties around the world to be donated to Clean the World.
With scarce resources in grocery stores and families suffering major financial losses, we thought one of the best ways to give back to the community would be donating food. Countless Hard Rock team members joined together to gather up all of the perishable food items on the Hard Rock Sacramento property and the result was amazing. To date, Hard Rock has donated $100,000 worth of perishable foods to our community, specifically to support the elders within the Enterprise Rancheria tribe who face food insecurity.
In combination with food and PPE, the Corporate colleagues and Hard Rock International and Seminole Gaming have made the decision to give back to the community financially as well. In order to show our support for everyone feeling the weight of this crisis, we are donating $250,000 to fifty charities worldwide through grants from the Hard Rock Heals Foundation. Along with that, another donation of $250,000 will be donated to the Red Cross. Lastly, $75,000 will be given to WhyHunger’s COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund.
Hard Rock’s Philanthropic Partners
Keeping the core mottos in mind that the Hard Rock family lives and operates by, Hard Rock at Fire Mountain is giving you a more in depth look at what organizations and causes we work with year round to help give back to the community.
- Action Against Hunger | Through the Hard Rock Heals Foundation, a portion of all proceeds from the 24-Karat Gold Leaf Steak Burger™ in Hard Rock Cafes worldwide benefits Action Against Hunger to assist in the fight against world hunger.
- Star Power | Hard Rock partners with top musical artists in support of charitable efforts around the world. Whether it’s Bruce Springsteen, Shakira, Imagine Dragons, or Rihanna, we combine the power of their music and our brand to heal.
- Disaster Relief |Since 2016, we have donated $1.5 million to countries and local communities experiencing a range of crises and disasters to help them recover.
- Clean the World | Clean the World is a global not-for-profit that repurposes hotel soap and hygiene products to not only give back to the community, but also divert hotel waste from landfills. Hard Rock’s 2018 partnership converted 30,000 containers of leftover soap and bottled hygiene products into Clean the World hygiene kits for use in shelters, food pantries, and disaster recovery organizations in the United States. Our first donation helped victims of Hurricane Michael, and our ongoing relationship is projected to provide approximately 2,100 pounds of soap to Clean the World, annually.
- World Wildlife Fund | World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is a global leader in conservation with a focus on protecting the future of wildlife. Our partnership began with a limited-edition “Save the Planet” co-branded t-shirt, which directed proceeds to WWF’s initiatives to reduce the most pressing threats to the diversity of wildlife on Earth. Hard Rock properties also give back to the community through the promotion of WWF’s Earth Hour and employee education programs.
- American Red Cross | In February 2020, Hard Rock Sacramento hosted its first blood drive with the American Red Cross and exceeded our blood donation goal by two units.
- Toys For Tots | In December 2019, Hard Rock was also a part of creating a Toys for Tots collection for our local chapter. We received over 100 new unwrapped toys to be donated to kids in the community.
- Yuba Sutter Food Bank | In November 2019, the Hard Rock family started our “Band Together Against Hunger” food drive that benefited the Yuba Sutter Food Bank and collected over 3,500 non-perishable food items.
Hard Rock’s Mottos
While giving back to the community is a beautiful act in any capacity, the Hard Rock family has built its philanthropic work based on a foundation of mottos. Love All-Serve All, Take Time To Be Kind, All Is One, and Save The Planet. Each individual Hard Rock Motto is the driving force of our community work. To gain a better understanding of how our values match our philanthropy, take a look at this breakdown.
Love All-Serve All
As the name suggests, Hard Rock Sacramento puts a focus on serving everyone, everywhere. Since the company’s founding in 1971, our goal has been to unify the world into a place where discrimination is nonexistent and each individual feels welcomed.
Following this motto, we invest in efforts that advance health, wellness, social conditions, economic well-being, and disaster relief. Autism awareness, children’s hospice care, and human trafficking awareness are just a few specific causes we believe in.
Take Time to Be Kind
We value kindness and compassion with our customers and employees, and reinforce this collective empathy with formal training for everyone who joins the Hard Rock family.
One way we give back to the community in this capacity is by addressing problem gambling through player education, the promotion of healthy play habits, and training employees to refer at-risk players to professional help. While Hard Rock’s financial success is important, our values take precedent and can be seen through our commitment to our customers. We want our players to have fun, but safely and in a healthy manner. Our continued efforts have helped to make us one of the top leaders in responsibility gambling.
All is One
Diversity and equal opportunity are two values that we cherish and live by at all Hard Rock locations. Whether it be inclusion of all races, genders, or religions, we firmly support diversity in the workplace, and across our casinos and hotels. To help give an example of this motto in action, Forbes named Hard Rock one of 2018’s Best Employers for Women. This award specifically recognized us for successfully increasing opportunities for women.
Save the Planet
Not only do we place value on giving back to the community, Hard Rock places an emphasis on building an environmentally sustainable future. Whether you notice the use of recycle-friendly products on the casino floor or take note of our partnerships with environmental organizations, it is clear that Hard Rock continues to improve our efforts to address sustainable energy, waste, and water usage.
As you can see, Hard Rock’s mottos aren’t just words, they are values we live by and guidelines that help drive our actions on a daily basis. Now that we are currently facing a global pandemic, we want our community and Hard Rock family to know we are doing everything we can to help. We are all in this together and Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento will continue to support our community long after the crisis is over.